Frequently Asked Questions


  • chevron_rightWhich amenities are open to the public?
    The golf course and restaurant are open to the public.  The beach, swimming pool, hot tub and tennis courts are for the use of HOA members and accompanied guests only.  All dues and fees must be current for members and their guests to enjoy the use of the beach, pool, hot tub and tennis courts.  All dues and fees must be current for members and their guests to receive the reduced green fees at the golf course.
  • chevron_rightIs a membership card required to use members only facilities?
    Yes.  Please show your membership card and sign in at the Golf Shop before entering the pool and the hot tub areas and when signing in to play tennis.  On busy weekends and holidays, you may be required to show your membership card to use the private beach.
  • chevron_rightWhere do I get my membership card?
    HOA membership cards can be picked up in the Golf Shop.  Please have your lot number and photo ID available.  All HOA and Amenities fees must be paid in order to receive your membership card.
  • chevron_rightWhen are the pool and hot tub open?

    The pool and hot tub are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
    The pool and hot tub are now open for 2023.  See you this Summer! 
    Don't forget your HOA membership card is required as use of the pool and hot tub are limited to HOA/POA members only.
  • chevron_rightHow many guests can I bring to use the pool and hot tub?
    A reasonable number of guests are allowed to use the pool and hot tub.  A member with a valid membership card must accompany all guests.
  • chevron_rightHow do I reserve a tennis court?

    Tennis courts are available on a first come first “serve” basis.  Please check in at the golf shop as the tennis courts are for use only by HOA members and their guests.  Two tennis courts are available and they are not lighted – daylight use only.
  • chevron_rightDoes Bear Lake West have a Pickleball Court?
    The lower tennis court now has a Pickleball court and net in place.  Please check in with your membership card at the golf shop prior to playing.  Court is available on a first-come first-serve basis.  What is Pickleball?  Learn more here.
Amenities - Golf
  • chevron_rightWhat hours are the golf course and pro shop open?

    Golf course hours change with the number of daylight hours.  Please check the list of Upcoming Events on the Home page for current first tee and last cart out times.
  • chevron_rightCan I book a tee time online?
    Yes.  Please click this link to book your tee time electronically. 
Amenities - Restaurant
  • chevron_rightDo you have to be a member of Bear Lake West HOA to eat at Cooper's?

    No.  Cooper’s restaurant and sports bar are open to the public.
  • chevron_rightAre Cooper's Restaurant and Sports Bar open year round?

    Yes.  Call 208-945-2222 for winter hours. 
  • chevron_rightWhat are Cooper's Restaurant and Sports Bar Summer hours?
    Restaurant - Summer Hours:
                            Monday – Thursday 11 am – 9 pm
                            Friday – Saturday 11 am – 10 pm
                            Sunday 8:30 am – 9 pm
    Sports Bar - Summer Hours:
                            Monday – Thursday 11 am – 10 pm
                            Friday - Saturday 11 am – 12 am (or later)
                            Sunday 8:30 am – 10 pm
  • chevron_rightWhat are Cooper's Restaurant and Sports Bar Winter Hours?
    Cooper's Winter Hours begin October 30th, 2018. 
    Restaurant - Winter Hours:
                            Monday – Thursday   4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
                            Friday – Saturday   12 pm  - 9 pm   
                            Sunday   9:30 am - 8:30 pm
    Sports Bar - Winter Hours:
                            Monday – Thursday   4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
                            Friday - Saturday   12 pm  -  11 pm
                            Sunday   9:30 am - 8:30 pm
  • chevron_rightAre reservations recommended for Cooper's?
    Reservations are recommended for weekends and holidays in the summer.  Please call Cooper’s at 208-945-2222 for reservations.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the schedule for live music at Cooper's?
    Call 208-945-2222 for live music events or click on this link.
Fire, Fireworks, Firearms
  • chevron_rightAre fireworks allowed in Bear Lake West?
    Fireworks are NOT allowed in Bear Lake West subdivisions, beaches or common areas at anytime during the year.  A $500 fine is assessed for each occurrence.  Violators will be prosecuted for any and all violations.
  • chevron_rightAre open fires or fire pits allowed in Bear Lake West?
    Open fires, fire pits and any other type of open flame are NOT allowed in Bear Lake West subdivisions, beach or common areas.  Neither wood nor gas fires are allowed.  Open flames are a violation of the CC&R’s and can result in fines assessed to the homeowner violating the policy.  A $300 fine for each occurrence is in place.
  • chevron_rightCan I discharge my firearm in Bear Lake West?
    Discharge of firearms is not allowed in Bear Lake West subdivisions, beaches or common areas.  Target shooting and hunting are prohibited.
HOA Information
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for garbage collection at Bear Lake West?
    IDAWY Solid Waste District picks up the trash and is responsible for the maintenance of the dumpsters. 
    Homeowners are responsible for throwing only bagged household garbage into the dumpsters and closing the lids on the dumpsters.
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for weeds?
    County Repsonsibility
    Bear Lake County's Roadside Vegetation Management Strategy
    Todd Transtrum
    Bear Lake County Weed Control
    (208) 221-0305
    Bear Lake County is  responsible for controlling the legally designated noxious weeds in their rights of
    way (areas between the county road surface and adjacent property).  The County weed department sprays
    these areas annually or as needed with selective broadleaf herbicides.  We also target many nuisance
    broadleaf weeds (not on Idaho’s noxious weed list) at the same time.
    The grass species are usually not targeted and left to grow on the roadside.  We desire grass primarily to
    help keep out broadleaf noxious weeds.  With the absence of grass, broadleaf weeds often thrive unabated
    in spite of aggressive herbicide treatment. 
    HOA Responsibility
    The HOA controls the weeds by the mailboxes, water buildings, dumpsters and the west side of the bike path.
    Email for additional information.
    Owner Responsibility
    Homeowners are responsible for the weeds are on their properties, and for eradicating Dyer's Woad and other noxious weeds on their properties.   The current list of Idaho Noxious Weeds can be found here with further details and pictures.  As of January 2015, the top weeds of concern in Bear Lake County are:  Dyer's WoadScotch Thistle,  Dalmation Toadflax and Whitetop (Hoary Cress).  Please take the time to identify these weeds of concern and eradicate them properly from your property.
    A list indicating which of the 65 noxious weeds are found in Bear Lake County is found here.

  • chevron_rightWho sprays for insects?
    The County sprays for insects with a focus on mosquitoes.
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for snow removal/plowing?
    The county plows the roads and on asphalted roads only, they spread salt and/or cinders.  The Bear Lake County Snowplowing Policy can be found here.
    The HOA plows around the mailboxes, the Archway parking area, the garbage dumpsters and the water buildings throughout the winter. 
    The Amenities group is responsible for plowing the golf course and clubhouse parking lots. 
    Any other areas not plowed by the county, the HOA or Amenities are the responsibility of the homeowner.
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for keeping the roads dustless?
    The County oils the roads in the beginning of summer to keep the dust down.  Homeowners can help keep dust down by driving their vehicles, including ATVs, at a dustless speed.
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for maintaining the bike pathway?
    The county maintains the bike pathway.
  • chevron_rightWho maintains the gardens, beach, golf course and common areas?
    The HOA is responsible for the Archway grass and gardens including mowing planting, weeding and overall maintenance.
    The Amenities group maintains the clubhouse facilities, the golf course and the beach.
Maintenance - Garbage
  • chevron_rightWhere do I dispose of garbage?
    IDAWY Solid Waste District dumpsters are intended for use by BLW homeowners for disposal of BAGGED HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE ONLY.  Yard waste and tree limbs can be deposited at the burn pile. Large items must be disposed of at the landfill.
  • chevron_rightWhere are the nearest landfills located?
    Rich County, Utah Landfill Location: 

         Facility Location:
              Township 12N, Range 7E, Sections 15 and 16. 
    The site is approximately 1 mile west of Sage Creek Junction.  About 9 miles north of Randolph and about 15 miles   south west of Bear Lake. 
    For Allowed Waste, Hours of Operation, Usage Charges and Additional Information on the Rich County Landfill visit:

    Bear Lake County, Idaho Landfill Location:

            Facility Location:
                 175 Willowbrook Lane, Montpelier, ID 83254
    For Usage Charges, Hours of Operation and Additional Information on the Bear Lake County Landfill please call:  208-847-4259
  • chevron_rightWhere can I dispose of yard waste?
    Yard wastes like tree limbs, weeds and grass clippings need to go to the burn pile and not placed in the dumpsters.  Dumping yard waste in the dumpsters is not allowed because it does not leave adequate room for household garbage.  The summer months place a large demand on the available dumpsters.  Please use the dumpsters only for ordinary household waste and dispose of yard waste at the burn pile.
    The burn pile is located North of the clubhouse by the Quonset hut.  Take the dirt road past the clubhouse and it will lead right to the pile.  
  • chevron_rightWhere can I take recyclables for recycling?
    Things that can be recycled, like cans, metal, paper, cardboard, batteries, tires and the like should be taken of to Hennings Salvage in Montpelier, ID or other appropriate recycler.  If you live in a community with recycling please take your recyclables home with you rather than dumping in the dumpster.
    Logan City Environmental accepts cardboard, plastic and glass.  The address and contact information is:
    153 N. 1400 West
    Logan, UT   84321
    (435) 716-9755
  • chevron_rightWhere do I dispose of reusable items?
    Gently used items should be donated to a charitable organization or advertised online.  Please do not use the dumpster area as a Goodwill site by leaving items and hoping someone else can use them.  List the item on KSL Classifieds, Craigslist or donate the item to a charitable organization that accepts gently used items such as Deseret Industries, The Salvation Army, Friends of MS, Garden Gate Thrift, or Bear Lake Memorial Hospital Thrift, etc.
Things To Do
Web Cams