BLW HOA and POA Members,
Following the election yesterday, five of the HOA Board members met and among other decisions, decided jointly with the POA to open the access gate to the beach as soon as we could make the appropriate notifications and arrangements with involvement from the POA and interested members.
As we left the meeting, I stopped to talk with Ted Slavinski at the golf course and was advised that the lock on the gate had already been cut and vehicles were driving out. We hoped for a more controlled access, but we understand the frustration. I have communicated with Amy Karcher and Jeff Baird from the POA and we are in the process of forming a member committee.
With that said, we are taking the following steps to make this work for now.
1. The gate will be open at 9am and locked at 9pm by BLW Board Member Conway Jensen.
2. When you enter and pass the high water line, you are on Sovereign Public Property which is NOT BLW property. Anyone can be there.
3. As members, the access belongs to you. Please take care of the area and what you PACK IN, PACK OUT.
4. Members will be required to police themselves. After you enter, close the gate behind you and don't be afraid to ask a person if they are a member. If they are, I am sure they will appreciate it. If you encounter someone illegally using the access, call the Sheriff's Office.
5. We are working to get a porta potty set up. It will have to be set on our property, which will be some distance from the water. If one is there, please use it.
6. You use the beach at your own risk. If you get stuck, you need to take care of this yourself. If there is an accident, call the Sheriff's Office.
7. If you have questions or concerns regarding the access gate(s), or the beach area that the Association owns above the high water line, call Kevin McLeod at 801-643-3993 or Amy Karcher at 801-414-6978.
Please give us some time to put a long term plan together.
But for now, enjoy the lake and the remainder of the summer.